S-Squared often uses assessments such as the Myers-Briggs or the EQi as a tool for helping individuals and teams gain insight about themselves in order to embark on a larger change process. Some of our favorites include:
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI): A measure of Jung's psychological types and useful for gaining insights about how individuals work and interact with others and helpful as a starting point for team building or leadership development.
- The CliftonStrengths (formerly the Clifton StrengthsFinder): Used by more than 17 million individuals, this is a tool to identify and maximize your innate talents. Gallup research shows employees and teams who use a strengths-based development approach have higher levels of engagement, productivity, and general well-being.
- The Change Style Indicator (CSI): A tool to measure an individual’s preferred style in approaching and addressing change. It provides leaders of all levels with insights on personal preferences for managing through change and provides context for how those around them might perceive and respond to their preferred style.
- The EQ-i 2.0: A measure of emotional intelligence (EI) and useful as a starting point for creating employee or leadership development plans, particularly related to communication and conflict resolution.
- The Leadership Circle Profile: A well regarded 360 degree leadership assessment that provides focused competency feedback alongside insights into some of the underlying assumptions that may be contributing to a leader's pattern of strengths and limitations.
- The FIRO-B: The Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation-Behavior Assessment assesses individual's desired and expressed need on three basic interpersonal dimensions: Inclusion, Control, and Affection. It can provide useful insights into team dynamics and be used as a part of team building and personal development plans.
- The Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI): A measure of typical behavior in conflict situations and useful in helping people understand the way that different conflict-handling styles affects interpersonal and group dynamics.
At S-Squared we believe that these instruments serve as powerful tools for exploring individual's typical hard-wired behavior and can provide useful insights into team dynamics. Sandy is certified in administering several research-based assessment and feedback tools that are known and trusted by consultants, coaches, and psychiatrists worldwide. Assessments, coupled with either one-on-one coaching or team coaching can help foster openness and trust, help increase overall productivity and most importantly, can supply a framework in which individuals can better understand and manage their skills and abilities.
Contact us about which assessment would work best for you and your team.